Thursday, July 1, 2010

Projects for the month of July

                                                         (picture of our garden the summer before last)

Wow, June flew by for us here! We had a birthday (my oldest turned 11), our annual vacation to "The River", and other family happenings. Thankfully, it doesn't seem that July will be as busy as June, so I have scheduled in some projects that I would like to be completed before I start with school things again in August.

Here is my list of things to do/complete in July:

*Get that garden planted! I dont know exactly how much time we have left to plant anything (as I am not green thumb inclined LOL) but we need to plant something this summer...going to do some searching on this but if anyone who reads this knows if I still have some time or a link to a schedule of things that can be planted in my zone and the dates that plant up until...leave me a comment!

*Clean out school room closet- This has been a thorn in my side for a while and I am really looking forward to getting this done.

*Clean out hall closet- I am hoping to convert this from a coat/storage closet to a toy closet. I plan on putting in some shelves and whatever fits in there stays, whatever doesn't, goes!

*Organize toys- see above

*Sew fitted/pre-fold diapers for baby- she is growing out of her prefolds fast and I NEED to get these done this month. I will hopefully have my 2 yr old completely potty trained this month, and with that means saving money since I dont use cloth on him anymore.

**Paint Little Kids room. I have my youngest son moved in with his sister in her cotton candy pink room..nuff said ;)




I really hope to accomplish these things this month so that I can effectively complete the goals and projects I have set for August. As a homeschooling family, the summer months are at a premium when it comes to having extra time to do these sort of things, so I plan to take full advantage of that!

2 comments:

  1. Ok girl, I'll hook you up:
    http://www.thevegetablegarden.info/resources/planting-schedules/zones-9-10-planting-schedule

    We are in Zone 9.

    Also, you still have time to get some tomato plants into the ground (they are most always easy to grow in hot weather), and I would think zucchini. The farmer's market is tonight, and there was a local grower there a few weeks ago selling zucchini and peppers for 6/$10--nice healthy plants. On the chart it says that peppers can still be planted (they are talking seeds, I think) in July/August, so if you got plants, that would be fine--same with Zucchini plants (they were March/April for seeds, so plants should be fine).

    Remember the planting schedule is for seeds, so if you are planting plants a month or two after the planting months, you're ok.

    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. **this wouldnt post for some reason, so I am posting it manually**

    letthismindbeinyou (http://letthismindbeinyou.wordpress.com/) has left a new comment on your post "Projects for the month of July":

    Ok girl, I'll hook you up:
    http://www.thevegetablegarden.info/resources/planting-schedules/zones-9-10-planting-schedule

    We are in Zone 9.

    Also, you still have time to get some tomato plants into the ground (they are most always easy to grow in hot weather), and I would think zucchini. The farmer's market is tonight, and there was a local grower there a few weeks ago selling zucchini and peppers for 6/$10--nice healthy plants. On the chart it says that peppers can still be planted (they are talking seeds, I think) in July/August, so if you got plants, that would be fine--same with Zucchini plants (they were March/April for seeds, so plants should be fine).

    Remember the planting schedule is for seeds, so if you are planting plants a month or two after the planting months, you're ok.

    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete

"Whatever you do, whether you eat or drink, do unto the glory of God" 1 Corinthians 10:31