Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Almond Power Bars

So I found this recipe online the other day and was stokedddd! I haven't shared this here, but I am on a low carb diet, well most of the time, and need to eat in a way that keeps my blood sugar steady. I do fail quite often with this way of eating, but have been trying for the last couple of months to stay on it for the health benefits as well as the obvious- losing weight (lost almost 20 lbs so far!).

One thing that always causes me to slip up is my sweets. Gotta love em', but they don't love me ;) I almost have to have something sweet everyday or its torture. Not really, but close. I am leary of artificial sweetners, but will drink a diet Dr. Pepper if I am so inclined (and the headache that comes after is pretty crucial). I really prefer to eat a natural diet from things that God has made, since I know that is probably the best for me..I mean duh, He is the one who knit me so wonderfully in my mother's womb, so why would I listen to some moron person who tells me to eat foods low in fat, laced in chemicals over a yummy steak? Crazy!

Oh the Almond Power Bars!! YES! They are YUMMY and easy to make! I found the recipe HERE!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

So of course, I tweaked the recipe a little, but not really alot...dont think it needed it at all..but I only had butter (*used all my coconut oil on my granola) and used all honey instead of the maple syrup since its lower in carbs per tablespoon.

Here's what mine looked like.....ahhh so good! I am going to cut them in little, tiny pieces and savor one each time I get a craving for something bad. I havent figured the carb content yet, but will update this post when I do. I am also thinking of trying this with peanuts next time because peanut butter and chocolate rocks!

Photobucket


Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe! We're trying to eat healthy too...
    Lee

    ReplyDelete

"Whatever you do, whether you eat or drink, do unto the glory of God" 1 Corinthians 10:31