Friday, June 4, 2010

Homemade Chocolate Syrup

My kids are chocolate milk freaks..they love the stuff! I like to buy the Trader Joe's brand because it doesnt have any questionable ingredients, but its expensive and its far from my house. One day we ran out, so I made some homemade and it is really good! Once its sat in the refrigerator overnight the consistency is really close to store bought...here are the ingredients:



Just mix the first first 4 ingredients in a saucepan till its bubbly and starts getting thicker, like a syrup...but do it on low or that stuff will burn you and make a mess on your stove! Once its done, add your vanilla and put it into a container of some sort. I used a jar from some jam that I recycled.

Put into the fridge over night and mix into your milk, pour over ice cream...or however you like to eat chocolate syrup.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. AWESOME! I'm going to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you posted this! I try and make everything homemade but there are some things I simply don't think of. I just made it and it was a success! Do you mind if I post this in my blog if I link back to you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, that sounds wonderful. I buy my stuff chocolate milk mix--the kind from Winco--but I really hate buying it. This is a great alternative! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to let you know I finally got around to posting this. I changed the recipe slightly. I don't use vanilla in mine just to make my vanilla go father. Thanks again! http://helpfulhousewife.blogspot.com/2010/07/homemade-chocolate-syrup.html

    ReplyDelete

"Whatever you do, whether you eat or drink, do unto the glory of God" 1 Corinthians 10:31