Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Eating healthy takes effort.

So to challenge myself even further in the month of May, I decided to give up fast food for the month. Of course, if my hubby wants to stop and grab something, I wont disagree with him, BUT that is such a rare occurrence since he prefers to eat at home that I am not even going to think twice about it. The problem I have is when I am out running errands or have to go to a function like a homeschool group park day. We are starved by the time we leave, so we often pick something up afterwards. Again, this is only an occasional thing, but i have been finding myself doing less planning lately and that means more convenience (and less healthy) foods creep in. I will be allowing for special occasions and such at restaurants...just gonna avoid drive thrus as much as possible ;)

Still havent decided if that will include Starbucks tho. That may be taking it too far. I'll update later on that one ;)

So what do I plan to do to replace this habit? Get into a NEW habit, of course. I am hoping that with a little planning and some ideas I have for a bulk cooking day, this will be a successful goal to meet and something we'll stick to for the long run!

What do you do to avoid eating out? Any good snack ideas that will be quick to grab on a busy day of running errands?

Hope your day is blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Whatever you do, whether you eat or drink, do unto the glory of God" 1 Corinthians 10:31