Thursday, February 5, 2009

Morning Routine Revisited

I took this picture of the view from my back window this morning.

Romans 13:11-12 And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed. The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.

A couple of weeks ago I joined a lot of other ladies here in setting a morning routine. I have been sticking to mine for the most part and am seeing the benefits from it. But for me its more than just getting up early to see the beautiful sunrise...its about being ready. Ready to take on the day that God has given me.

Another day to make things right.

Another day to get to know my God, through His word.

Another day to form meaningful and bonded relationships.

Another day to be in His will.

Another day to tell the world about Him.

Another day to take care of those around me and give God the glory for the ability to do so.

Another day to............

I could go on....on and on.....God is so gracious to give me another day to serve him. I won't let it go to waste.

3 comments:

  1. That is absolutely beautiful, Amber. God's masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an inspiring post! I have been so lazy lately, staying in bed until 7am!! I need to get my bucket moving. Thanks for the encouraging kick in the rear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is gorgeous!!

    So, how early are you rising??

    I'm such a night owl, but I HAVE been rising earlier this week, and it surely helps. I'm such a better morning person after setting the kettle to boil for tea and starting a load of laundry. Next week, I want to push it another hour earlier and get on my treadmill in the AM, drinking in some fab online sermons. A fresh spirit combined with a load of endorphins has to help, right??

    ReplyDelete

"Whatever you do, whether you eat or drink, do unto the glory of God" 1 Corinthians 10:31