Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My Morning Routine.



1 Peter 1:13
So think clearly and exercise self-control. Look forward to the special blessings that will come to you at the return of Jesus Christ.



For me exercising self-control includes doing things I may not want to do, like getting up early and starting my day with a chore I like the least. Crystal at Biblical Womanhood just posted about this and it's something I have been thinking and praying about. My morning routine has been less than routine lately and I need to change that in order to get our days back on track after a pretty relaxed schedule during the holidays. I don't know about you, but what I do in the morning really sets the stage for the rest of the day. If I am up and about before every one else, that day ends up being very productive and I tend to be in generally a better mood! I spend time in prayer and also get in those things I tend to miss later in the day when I am exhausted, like exercising or taking my vitamins.
Most days, lately, I have been dragging out of bed when the baby gets me up and my other two children are either up and ready to go or still asleep, which can be another obstacle in getting school started on time etc. So I am going to work on my morning routine every day for the next three weeks, God willing, to make it a habit.

Here's what my planned morning routine looks like:
1. Get up at 6 and read my daily scheduled Bible readings from my Motivated Moms planner and pray.
2. Weigh and exercise.
3. Shower, dress, and make bed.
4. Take vitamins and start coffee.
5. Unload dishwasher and start load of laundry.

I plan on starting tomorrow, no need to wait any longer! Do you have a morning routine that you would like to share? Or are you in a rut like I am and want to join me these next three weeks in creating a habit! I'll share next Thurs how I do this week and if anything needs to be added or changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Whatever you do, whether you eat or drink, do unto the glory of God" 1 Corinthians 10:31