Thursday, January 1, 2009

Motivating this Mom.

I signed up for Motivated Moms a couple of weeks ago and it was the best $8.00 I have spent lately. If we really want to be accountable for spending money on yourself it really amounts to only about .02 cents a day. Since having my last baby, I have been feeling very disorganized and it has shown in my household. I decided to not let another year go by without a good cleaning schedule/plan in place, so I went for it and ordered. I had been working on my own, but with daily life getting in the way I never could get a working schedule in order. This is where Motivated Moms came in..I heard about it a few years ago and every year I would glaze over when I looked at it. I didn't realize that a list someone else has made could actually work in my own house!

If you are interested in ordering Click here to view more details.

I have devised a system that works for my house using the full page planner with daily Bible readings. What I do is print out the daily pages (one day on one side, the next on the other to save paper) and hang the current day on my fridge. Before I do that, I take a look at the planner the night before and highlight the chores I want my oldest child to do with one color, and another color for the little jobs my 3 yr old can help with(we use the colors according to our MOTH schedule). I then add in any appointments for that day, dinner for that night, and any other chores that we need to do that were skipped the previous day. As we go on with our day I check off what has been done! Simple and just my style ;) Another thing, and probably the best thing, that I like about MM is the little deep cleaning tasks are getting done now whereas I would forget to do those little jobs before.

I highly recommend getting this planner (there are other sizes etc on the site if you don't want to full day planner) to anyone but especially to my fellow homeschool moms. It has been a definite adjustment for me having more children and having them around 24/7 makes for a much messier house. I chose to blog about this because I think its a very frugal way to organize your daily tasks and if your house is cleaner and more organized, you'll save money in the long run.

Colossians 2:5 For though I am absent in body, yet I am with you in spirit, rejoicing to see your good order andthe firmness of your faith in Christ.



Have a Happy New Year!!

5 comments:

  1. I bought it last year. Maybe I should try it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I bought it. I bought the week-at-a-glance one so if I do something on a different day, I can go ahead and cross it off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm...I was trying to set up a similar system in a weekly prayer calendar. I might look into this instead. I like having a bit more room to write.

    Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got the week-at-a glance and am loving it!! I do what Daisy does and sometimes do a chore on a different day and check it off. I love checking off those little boxes each day. :)

    ReplyDelete

"Whatever you do, whether you eat or drink, do unto the glory of God" 1 Corinthians 10:31