Wednesday, December 31, 2008




I'm so excited about re-opening this blog! When I first started posting here the posts were about natural recipes to use around the house and on your body, and I will still post those from time to time, but it got too time consuming to try and have two blogs. I put this one on hold for a while and focused on my homeschooling blog but now that I am doing well and we are well into our year of school I wanted to start blogging about things that have become extremely important to our house...things that are natural and frugal.

My plan for this blog is to post something everyday that will bless whoever reads this blog with a frugal and/or natural tip or useful idea. I have had lots of different ideas for posts floating around my head lately but more importantly I want to share my knowledge and research with others around me. For instance, I have been able to feed a family of 5 a good variety of organic and natural foods for about $16 a day...that equals to about $5.00 per meal or $1.00 per person per meal! Now not everything we use is organic..but I do have things that I really like to buy organically and just try and make sure its in the budget. I have even just recently discovered that there are actually coupons out there for organic products including veggies! I used to be an avid couponer but in recent years have stopped using them as we cut back the processed foods from our diets so I am excited to get back into collecting them. The coupons all seemed to be for things we don't eat but now I see that I can do a little research and find some that I will use with the help of some great web resources. I also have been checking out various other websites that do couponing and am missing out on some great deals! I also hope to share ideas for inexpensive crafts and field trips that are on the cheap or better yet free for your homeschool!

I pray this blog glorifies God and with that I love this scripture, "Whatever you do whether you eat or drink, do unto the glory of God" 1 Corinthians 10:31". I also want to mention that I am sure that my God is sovereign, so I will depend on Him first and foremost for healing, health and anything else we need, not the food we eat etc. There are times when I will have to buy whatever will feed my family for cheap (which is ok also!) and we have those times more often than not.....so even if you don't buy organically etc this blog is still for you!

Tomorrow is a post about something that is helping me get my house together and only costs me literally .02 cents a day ;) What a deal eh?

2 comments:

  1. Off to a great start! I'm looking forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new look! I am looking forward to getting some new ideas from you. :)

    ReplyDelete

"Whatever you do, whether you eat or drink, do unto the glory of God" 1 Corinthians 10:31