Thursday, April 10, 2008

Homemade deodorant

I got this recipe from Clean, Naturally by Sandy Maine..except I tweaked it to death and added what I have on hand

Ingredients: (This recipe was tripled to make 3 deodorant bars and I got all my ingredients from brambleberry.com)
1 ounce of beeswax
1 ounce of cocoabutter
1/4 cup of organic olive oil
10 drops of apricot kernel oil (it calls for castor oil if you want to use that)
1 tsp lemon juice
3 drops teatree oil (it calls for coriander EO in the book)
Directions:
Melt waxes and oils in double boiler or over a very low flame (this is what I did and it was fine)Stir until warm and add lemon juice and tea tree oil (or coriander oil)...Pour into an old deodorant-stick container (i bought new ones for 1.00 from the site above)and allow to harden. (make sure you do this quickly as the liquid hardens very quickly..lol..ask me how i know!)


I have had to apply this twice on some days (as I have cleaned or been really active), hubby has been wearing it to work and so far so good! The next time I do make it I will add some lavender EO to mine and some kinda manly scent to Dh...but this works great (other than needing re-application once in a while) and is very easy to make...

1 comment:

  1. This looks soo cool. I can never find just deoderant for women. It is always an antipersperant (sp?) so I rarely use it unless I'm leaving the house. I think I may try this. The only bummer is having to buy the ingrediants on-line. Sounds neat though.

    ReplyDelete

"Whatever you do, whether you eat or drink, do unto the glory of God" 1 Corinthians 10:31